We have collected some of the most touching and emotional feeling ignored quotes, messages, and sayings (with images, pics, and memes) to comfort your pain.
Feeling like you’re being avoided or ignored is a very disheartening feeling, especially for your loved ones. All people get stressed out when they’re left out.
Being ignored is never fun, whether you’re being ignored by your best friend, a romantic partner in a relationship, or your sibling.
Being ignored can be a painful and isolating experience. Whether it happens in our personal relationships, at work, or in social situations, being ignored can leave us feeling invisible, unimportant, and unworthy of attention.
It can trigger feelings of rejection, anxiety, being neglected, and even depression.
If you are tired of being ignored and it hurts like hell then it’s time to move on in life.
When you don’t get a text message from your girlfriend or boyfriend you feel avoided and you surely hate that feeling. If your best friend is neglecting you sort it out with him so that there is no misunderstanding.
Check out these being ignored quotes to get some inspiration and strength for facing the situation and moving on in life.
Being Ignored Sayings and Quotes
- “You can be with somebody and still feel lonely.” – Unknown
- “Once you feel avoided by someone, never disturb them again.” – Unknown
- “Ignore me. I don’t care. I’m used to it anyways. I’m invisible.”- Unknown
- “Being lonely is like a storm with no rain, crying without tears.” – Unknown
- “I don’t like being ignored, and I don’t like being forgotten.” – Unknown
- “That awkward moment when your ‘friends’ don’t invite you to something.”
- “There comes a time you feel so alone no matter how much company you have…”
- “The best thing you can do when people are ignoring you is to just keep your chin up, girl.”
- “It’s so funny how ‘friends’ forget us when they don’t need any more favors.”
- “One of the worst things in this life is to be discarded by the one you care about the most, girl.”
- “I really wish that I could ignore the fact that you’re ignoring me.” – Unknown
- “Being ignored is just like never getting the approval that you have just been waiting for, girl.”
- “I grew up without the love of the people I care for so it must be one of the reasons I can’t feel.”
- “I am hurt by your actions, passing me by with your friends and not noticing me one bit, really.”
- “The worst thing a guy could do for a girl’ Personally I think it’s to ignore her while she’s loving you with all her heart.”
- “The most neglected person is often the one that is the kindest, who does not wish to fight for it.”
- “It hurts to be the person who always tries to be what the other needs but never gets appreciated.”
- I have always been invisible to people, and most of the time I am used to it, sometimes I hurt.”
- Attention is necessary in this world, you can’t thrive here without it so you need to keep going.”
- “If your friends can actually ignore you for so long, they must not be your friends at all, boy.”
- “Lonely isn’t a feeling when you’re alone, lonely is a feeling when no one cares.”
- “What’s worse than being hated is being ignored, because it’s like you don’t exist at all and your presence is nothing.”
- No one actually likes being ignored, because everyone wants even a bit of attention from you.
- “It is more painful to be ignored than to be hated, because it makes you feel like nothing.”
- “When your friends are ignoring you that means they weren’t your friends from the beginning, they were just acting like it.”
- “It’s sad when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.” – Unknown
- “Some people hurt by words and some by action…but the biggest hurt I believe is that someone ignoring you when you value them more than anything else.”
- “What’s worse than being hated? Being ignored. At least when they hate you, they treat you like you exist.”
Sarcastic and Funny Status Messages for People Who Ignore You
There are many quotes that capture the essence of being ignored and offer words of comfort, validation, and support.
They remind us that we are not alone in our experiences and that there is hope for healing and moving forward.
- They ignore you now but need you later on.
- I always hit ‘Ignore Call’ with my middle finger.
- I hate being ignored but I love ignoring people.
- But they all didn’t see the little bit of sadness in me….
- I do not like being ignored when someone has my things!
- My feelings? Oh, don’t worry about those, nobody else does.
- Ignoring me can turn into me never speaking to you again.
- Ignore me? Okay that’s cool, just don’t be mad when I ignore you.
- I’m so talented. I can listen to music and ignore you at the same time.
- It’s so funny how ‘friends’ forget us when they don’t need any more favors.
Famous Quotes About Being Ignored
- Being ignored. Worst feeling ever. – Unknown
- I hate being ignored. – Amanda Palmer
- I spent a great deal of my life being ignored. I was always very happy that way. – Saul Leiter
- I just want to make a point that it’s not just great teachers that sometimes shape your life. Sometimes it’s the absence of great teachers that shapes your life and being ignored can be just as good for a person as being lauded. – Julia Roberts
- Being ignored is a great privilege. That is how I think I learned to see what others do not see and to react to situations differently. I simply looked at the world, not really prepared for anything.- Saul Leiter
- There’s a lot of mediocrity being celebrated, and a lot of wonderful stuff being ignored or discouraged. – Sean Penn
- “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- Don’t give up or give in in the face of patronising ridicule, amused disdain, or being ignored. – Meryl Streep
- Everyone wants to be liked; everyone wants approval. No one likes being ignored.- Daniel Mallory Ortberg
- “Being ignored or looked down upon by society means that you need to rise up from the ashes.”
- “Women are often the ones being ignored when they ask for rights to help everyone else.”
- “Because you are so used to being ignored, you start thinking that it is the right thing to do.”
- Being ignored is not an option when you have thoughts that are waiting to be heard, my dear.
- Even when you are being ignored, I highly suggest that you do not give up on your life, dear.
- That bad feeling you get when your crush ignores you, and you just think in your head what did I do…
- “I pushed everyone aside for you & you pushed me aside for everyone.”
Feeling Ignored by Someone Text Messages and Sayings for Her/Him
- “I hate it when you send a long text message to someone & they just reply with k.”
- “The worst feeling: Not getting a reply back from someone you really want to talk to.”
- “Oh Great, you can update your status via mobile, but you can’t text me back?”
- “The greatest pain in life is to be ignored, to lose the person you love to someone who doesn’t care at all.”
- “I really wish that I could ignore the fact that you’re ignoring me.”
- “Ignore me? Okay, that’s cool, just don’t be mad when I ignore you.”
- “Nothing’s worse than being ignored or disregarded by the one you care for most!”
- “That moment when you are completely falling apart and nobody notices.”
- “That bad feeling you get when your crush ignores you, and you just think in your head what did I do.”
- “I’m that horrible friend that reads your text then puts the phone down to do something and forgets to reply until 3 hours later.”
Relationship Ignore Quotes
- “Each time you ignore me, I regret every text message that I’ve ever sent you.” – Unknown
- “I didn’t text you just to exercise my fingers, I was expecting a reply back.” – Unknown
- “Don’t care for those who ignore you. Care for those who are ignoring others for you.” – Unknown
- “I really wish that I could ignore the fact that you’re ignoring me.” – Unknown
- “Each time you ignore me, I regret every text message that I’ve ever sent you.” – Unknown
- “The sad part is I always make time for you when you barely make time for me.” – Unknown
- “While you’re IGNORING her someone else is BEGGING for her attention.” – Unknown
- “The worst feeling: Not getting a reply back from someone you really want to talk to.” – Unknown
- “The worst thing in this life is to be with people who make you feel as if you are all alone.” – Unknown
- “There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”
- “I spent a great deal of my life being ignored. I was always very happy that way.”
- “It hurts the worst when the person that made you feel so special yesterday, makes you feel so unwanted today.” – Unknown
- “We never want to be ignored because what we want is to be noticed, to be acknowledged.”
- “The sad part of this reality is that even when I try to make time just for you, you forget me.”
- “How come I’m still ignored after all I’ve done for you, I gave you my heart because I cared.”
- “Everyone treats me as if I am invisible, as if I am not there like I am the air floating around.”
- “When you reach the top, all of those people who used to ignore you will look at you more.”
- “Being ignored by someone who means the world to you is the worst feeling.” – Unknown
- “Never ignore someone who loves you and cares about you. ‘Cause one day you may realize you lost the moon while counting stars.” ― John O’Callaghan
Being Avoided Quotes & Sayings for Relationship
Feeling Ignored Images, DP’s and Wallpaper
Best Quotes on Ignoring People
Looking for more quotes to comfort you?
Losing Friends Quotes
Falling Out of Love
Deep Sad Quotes
I Don’t Need You Quotes
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
If you think you can relate to these quotations and wallpapers, feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Tags:Being Ignored Quotes, Sad Quotes and Sayings
About The Author
I am Ananya, a professional speaker and I love motivating people and inspiring them to pursue their dreams. Sharing quotes, proverbs, and sayings of great authors to touch people's lives to make it better.
How do you respond when you feel ignored? ›
- Take a step back. Your partner may simply need some space to collect their thoughts and deal with their own emotions. ...
- Distract yourself. ...
- Check if they are actually ignoring you. ...
- Try not to overreact. ...
“While it is better to be loved than hated, it is also far better to be hated than ignored.” “When someone you loved finds no flattery in the gift you gave them then you must ask yourself, "What was worth loving?” “you're ignoring me so loud that it's deafening. This silence is so deep that it's echoing.”How do you respond to why are you ignoring me? ›
Ask them to talk privately. In a quiet, private place, calmly ask “Hey, I was wondering why you've been ignoring me?” Present evidence that they've been ignoring you, such as not returning your calls or emails, or not responding when you speak to them. Listen attentively to their explanation.How do you deal with people who ignore you? ›
- 1 Walk away and give them some space.
- 2 Distract yourself with new challenges.
- 3 Spend time around supportive people.
- 4 Focus on your own happiness.
- 5 Acknowledge your feelings.
- 6 Ask yourself if they're really ignoring you.
- 7 Figure out the cause of their behavior.
- Are you okay? ...
- I'm here for you. ...
- I'm sad that we're not talking right now. ...
- Do you want to talk about things? ...
- You won't believe what just happened! ...
- I'm really sorry. ...
- I'll give you space.
Research finds that feeling ignored can affect people's sensory perceptions, such as feeling that surroundings seem quieter. Being ignored creates feelings of self-doubt, feeling a lack of control, and feeling not worthy of attention.What is the quote about remaining silent? ›
Abraham Lincoln - Quote - Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt - It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid.When you dont care at all quotes? ›
- The moment you stop caring is the moment when things get better. ...
- I'm not heartless; I've just learned how to use my heart less.
- The less I care, the happier I am.
- The difference between me and you is that I care and you don't, and that hurts.
Here are some reasons friends might ignore you:
You might be too negative. You might be too high or low energy compared to your friend. You might talk too much about yourself. You might talk about things your friend isn't interested in.
"Snub" is the correct verb, and a better noun form is "one who snubs."
Why does someone suddenly start ignoring you? ›
If a guy truly starts to ignore you, it's usually either because he is upset with you and needs you to give him space, he is losing interest, he feels like the relationship is moving too fast, he is playing games with you or trying to lead you on.How do you treat a guy who ignores you? ›
- Call out the behavior. ...
- Try other forms of communicating. ...
- Give him permission to dump you. ...
- Embrace vulnerability. ...
- Assert yourself early on. ...
- Don't overcompensate by texting/calling too much. ...
- Leave him for a few days.
If he is ignoring you and is not texting you back, then you have to wait at least 2 to 3 days before texting him lower back. This will be a polite follow-up textual content, after which you could see what happens from there.Is ignoring a message disrespectful? ›
And so we kind of end up where we've started: Yup, ignoring texts is rude. But there are lots of reasons to do so that may leave one without fault. So let's set some ground rules to make it easier in the future. You shouldn't ignore a text from a friend or family member.What to say to someone who has ghosted you? ›
- Is everything all right? ...
- Since I haven't heard from you in a while, I think I'm going to move on. ...
- I'm assuming you're no longer interested. ...
- I'm going out with friends tomorrow night. ...
- I saw this and thought of you [alongside a tweet, TikTok, picture, etc.].
It can cause emotional trauma.
A person who is ignored feels a wide range of confusing emotions. They may feel anger, sadness, frustration, guilt, despair, and loneliness, all at once. Naturally, such emotional confusion can have a damaging effect on your psyche.
Ignoring is usually most effective for behaviors like whining, crying when nothing is physically wrong or hurting, and tantrums. These misbehaviors are often done for attention. If parents, friends, family, or other caregivers consistently ignore these behaviors, they will eventually stop.How do you survive being ignored? ›
- You can feel ignored without acting on it. ...
- Step 1: Recognize and validate your feelings. ...
- Step 2: Suspend Judgment. ...
- Step 3: Ask questions. ...
- Step 4: Work Together on a Solution. ...
- Step 5: Define Follow-Up.
Lesson 1: You should never give up because you have the power to make your dreams come true. By believing in your dreams and taking action to achieve them, you are doing the best you can to set yourself up for success and reach the place you want to be.Why is being silent powerful? ›
Being silent allows us to channel our energies. It gives us the clarity we need to calmly face challenges and uncertainty. The hour of silence I practice each morning, and encourage you to practice as well, can be a time for collecting our thoughts, training our minds, and deciding how we want to enter into the day.
Why silence is the best response? ›
Silence has many other benefits, like it does not escalate the fight between two people. If one is speaking and the other remains silent, there will be no argument and the anger of the other person will soon cool down and the fight will also end.Why silence is powerful with a man? ›
Men respond to silence and distance emotionally. When they don't hear from you for a while, their male instinct pushes them to find you and know how you feel. They want to see if you are fine, if you miss them or whether you value their existence. Strangely enough, it doesn't matter if you like him to not.When you realize someone doesn t care? ›
According to Walters, these could be some signs that the other person has low empathy: cutting you off emotionally. walking away and refusing to discuss your feelings, even after they've calmed down. shutting you down while you're speaking or cutting you off from speaking.How do you have a no care attitude? ›
- Stop apologizing. ...
- Remember what is important to you. ...
- Get out of your head. ...
- Be really conscious who you surround yourself with. ...
- Learn the appreciate the individuality of others. ...
- Remember – those who don't care, actually DO. ...
- Right dosage is important.
On rare occasions, someone might say to you quite directly that they don't care about you. It might come as, “I don't care about you.” You have no doubt about whether they care or not because they just told you that they don't.What is a sad quote about ignorance? ›
More Quotes On People's Ignorance
A person can never stay happy at the price of some ignorance. Living is easy with eyes closed. There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people. Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
I used all diligence to arrive at London and therefore I now gave my crew a certificate under my hand, of my free and willing return, without persuasion or force by any one or more of them.Who said I will not be ignored? ›
This line is spoken by Alex Forrest (played by Glenn Close) in the movie Fatal Attraction, directed by Adrian Lyne (1987).